Sunday 6 December 2015

Practical task- Script writing

Harlem Sunset- tape recorder message

In order to create a script that would be accurate for my genre I looked at film noir slang examples to see how they're used. 

I got this from the web-address of https://www.miskatonic.org/slang.html 




I then looked at this clip from the official 'Hotel noir on how to speak noir' to get an idea of accents.
 
List of film noir slang that I will use:
  • Snooper- detective
  • doll- woman 
  • ice- diamonds 
  • cop- police 
  • Canary- singer
  • trap- mouth 
  • trigger man-person who's purpose is to use a gun
  • roscoe- gun 
  • swallow bullets- to be shot through the mouth
  • mazuma- money
The Finished script:  
 

Evaluation:

I have used the appropriate slang in order to make this conform to the film noir genre.
However, we haven't found an actor/actress to say this with the accent in order for it to work. Though we have a few friends willing to take part already.   

No comments:

Post a Comment