Saturday 12 December 2015

Practical- Creating a 1950's Newspaper

By creating a newspaper front page we could use it as a prop in our opening scene. This could go on the pin board or we could create a newspaper and use this as the front page. 


I started with the top of the newspaper. After looking at inspiration I found a newspaper headline and adapted it a bit to form my own. The top of the article needed a border, commonly seen on newspapers, this would include the price and the newspaper volume and number which I found on previous 1950's newspapers. Beneath the headline I put a smaller headline which gave more details. 


Next I had to find the logo for my newspaper and after looking at inspiration of newspapers in my previous deconstruction I thought they looked like family shields so I found one which would work well as a logo for my newspaper. On either side of the logo I put the name of the newspaper 'Media Times' and next to this I placed small advertisements which are another common feature of 1950's newspapers.


I then created the columns and found a black and white image of an aeroplane to fit in with the headline. I choose to use three columns because most of the newspapers I deconstructed had lots of text crammed onto the front story.


As the newspaper would only be seen from far away and there would be no close up shots of it I found some random writing to place into each of the columns. This made it look like the story had lots of writing.


Next I had to edit the text I added in some gaps between the text which is often seen on newspapers and I also changed the font and size of the text to make it look like there was lots of writing.


This is what the newspaper looked like overall. I think it turned out well but in the future I would add more images.

No comments:

Post a Comment