Saturday 19 December 2015

Inspiration- Detectives office layout

In our opening scene we have a detectives office so  I have decided to look at the layout and positioning of certain items within the office. This will enable us to get some ideas when creating our own detectives office.

I began by looking at images of detectives offices inspired by/in film noir movies. Below are some of the images I found.



I found that many of the offices contain small desks with many items placed on top. Items that were commonly on top of the desks included:

  • A typewriter
  • Alcohol
  • Gun
  • Lamp
  • Paper
  • Cigarettes and cigarette trays
  • Parcels
  • Letters
  • Old fashioned phones
I then looked at the layout of the whole office. Some examples I found are shown below.



Both images show that the wall behind the desk has maps, photographs and pin boards placed on it. There are also some framed photos around the room. Other items include a cabinet for files, books, chairs, boxes and the detectives clothing.

I decided to create a plan of what our detectives office may look like and the position of certain items within the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment