Thursday 25 February 2016

Editing: Tape recorder sound effects.

I downloaded some free to use music to add into our opening. I felt that jazz music would be the most appropriate considering our genre is film noir and this is common convention for the genre.

I dragged the audio from the downloads in to final cut pro. I used the blade tool to cut it at the same time the tape recording started so that I could adjust the volume of that section independent to the rest of it. I reduced the volume so that the voice over could be heard more clearly along with the tape recorder's clicks and whirring. I felt that this music did not fit the second part of the opening where the detective was getting ready to meet the kidnapper, so I had it cut off at the same time the tape recording ended, which additionally created more tension and had a nice dramatic effect.

I think this music was the most fitting I could find and is adequate for the first part, but we need something more tense for the second part.

No comments:

Post a Comment