Thursday 4 February 2016

Editing post production of Harlem Sunset

Editing

Our first editing session with the group consisted of group contribution, and we during this we all contributed to the editing equally and no one was really taking the lead.
 
 On the other hand, I was the second to edit the footage that we had taken.
 
  • In the beginning I started cropping and trimming the clips as we'd just ordered the clips in chronological order, and some of cropping and trimming had already been done, but I just finished it off so all the shots were conforming to the story board so the continuity wasn't disturbed.    

 
 
 
 
  • After Hazel had edited in the blinking effects for our "revelation" scene where the main villain (femme fatale) is revealed. We realised that this clip had been too long and didn't have intervals of black, so the fade to colour transition happened too quickly. As the clips were too long we had to delete a few shots and trim them.



  • Once I had dealt with the blinking effects I added a quick transition of fade to colour, between a shot of the suitcase on the floor wide open and the detective on the floor and then the close up to his face, this enabled us to smoothen transition between shots so it wasn't so sudden yet represented the detective's mind going in and out of consciousness.

  • At first I had trouble adjusting the speed of the transition as I thought it happened too fast but made each frame too short.I realised I had to add the same shot twice over, so the transition could happen the speed it was going at without taking up frame time of the detective on the floor.       
During this editing session I was starting to get a better feel of final cut pro, and gradually began to explore the program, this led to being able to navigate my way through the software with ease and by the end I was became more confident using the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment