Monday 16 November 2015

Practical task- sound experiment and looking for sound


Sound experiment- creation and examples of non-copyright sound

Before I started doing my practical sound task I wanted to identify the common conventions of sounds that feature in Film noir.

 
 
 
The first part of my practical task that I will do is to find non-copyright sounds that would be suitable for the film noir genre. I wanted to find one example of diegetic and non-diegetic sounds
 
A good piece of Jazz music I found, that you could download and was non-copyrighted, was called 'Don't get around much' on SoundCloud
 



Another example of sound that I found is a sound clips of cars passing, as it is a  ambient sound of the city, which is a convention in Film noir.
 

 Also, I managed to find a website that a list of non-copyrighted sound clips that may be handy in future.
 
 

 
 
 


Sound- experiment

Using Music maker jam which is a program that allows for recording of soundtracks to do with different themes or genre of music. So I decided to use "Halloween" theme to record non-diegetic sound of suspense, to upload it to SoundCloud later on.
 

 
In Audacity I had imported the sound file in order to envelope the sound as there were some background noise which I had been taken out muffled.
 
 
 

 

Evaluation

I was pleased that I could access Music Maker from home, and edit the sound, which muffled so the background sound which concealed the static sounds but at the same time intensifying it by amplifying certain elements like the piano and the door creaking.
 
Next time I could record some jazz pieces on the piano which I could record on audacity, however it is difficult to find ones that are short enough so it's doesn't take up 2 minutes. In, I could use another software after trying music maker jam, to create the jazz sound I wanted as this software was extremely limited.  




 


No comments:

Post a Comment