Thursday 21 January 2016

Harlem Sunset voice-over Script

Voice-over of Scarlett "Harlem Sunset" practical

 
Once we had the majority of the continuous editing was done, I got a sense of  how long the script had to be in order to fit in the last part of the final production of 'Harlem Sunset'.
 
 
 
Whilst writing I realised I couldn't write all the script all together in one block, as I needed certain parts to be isolated in order for it to be edited in to correspond with what is happening in the frame; during the "where's the money" as this is what another actor is saying on screen.    
 

Film Noir slang

  • Snooper: detective or private detective 
  • Kick: Complaint
  • bracelets: Handcuffs


I wanted the script to contain film noir slang in, however I felt that too much would make it less natural so I stuck with only three so there is continuity in the use of film noir slang (as shown in previous script).  

Evaluation

The writing itself was easy as it fits the general narrative of the second half of the film opening, however I may have written too much, but if this is the case I can cut bits out if the sound track is too long. Though doing four different recordings could make the editing process easier as we can easily remove bits we don't need and re-order them, thus improving the continuity of our film opening.  




No comments:

Post a Comment